Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default result column

I have 3 columns lets call them a,b and c.
line 1 column C I have a total amount
line 2 I have amounts in colum a and b and want a new total in column C
2c=(1c+2a+2b)
than:
3c= (2c+3a+3b), etc.
is there somehow I can set that up to calculate automatically through a
macro??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'm not exactly sure of what you want or expect a macro to do. Your formula
can be filled down easily as new rows are added to the sheet.

Formulas:
in C1: =A1+B1
in C2: =C1 + A2 + B2
from this point if you just copy/fill the formula in column C on down the
sheet it will automatically add the contents of column C 1 row above the
formula to the contents of A and B on the same row.

What is you want a macro to do: and when would it do it?