dave glynn

Default prompting for filenames

Is it possible to have a macro prompt fro a filename. for example if data has
been copied from "oldfile" is it possible to have the macro ask which file it
now has to be copied to?

Many thanks

Dave
Dave Peterson

You could use something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myFilename As Variant
myFilename = Application.GetSaveAsFilename

If myFilename = False Then
'user cancelled
Else
MsgBox "user selected: " & myFilename
'but you have to do the work--save or whatever

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dave glynn

Default worksheet names

I have a number of worksheets that are identical except that the workbook
name changes with each company.

Can I use the "real" name (i.e: sheet1) rather than the Excel (abcinc) name
when getting data for a group report. This would save an imense amount of
time as therer are 640 different sheets.

Thanks

Dave Glynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

What kind of report, Dave? Can you explain?
Maybe this will help?
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...rk sheets.htm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"dave glynn" wrote in message
I have a number of worksheets that are identical except that the workbook
name changes with each company.

Can I use the "real" name (i.e: sheet1) rather than the Excel (abcinc)
name
when getting data for a group report. This would save an imense amount of
time as therer are 640 different sheets.

Thanks

Dave Glynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

I'm not sure of what you want, but you can probably find something on
my page on sheets, along with coding.

here are actually three ways of addressing the sheet.
sheet1
'sheet1'
sheet(1)

For more information on addressing sheets see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm
---
HTH,

"dave glynn" wrote in message ...
I have a number of worksheets that are identical except that the workbook
name changes with each company.

Can I use the "real" name (i.e: sheet1) rather than the Excel (abcinc) name
when getting data for a group report. This would save an imense amount of
time as therer are 640 different sheets.

Thanks

Dave Glynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dave glynn

Default posting

it seems that i can no longer post new questions as the message box doesn't
appear when i click on "new" so i have to go to an old question to post a new
onw . any thoughts.

thanks again

dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

dave,

Give Outlook Express a try, here's how...
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut.../3_set_up.html

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA