Emily Edgington

Default File not found prompting

Is there a function that will allow me to skip the "File Not Found" prompting
to look for a file that is not found in a link?

I have a summary workbook that pulls values from other Excel files (monthly
bank reconciliations). We want to be able to open the summary and see what
bank recs have not been completed yet, without having to sit through
potentially 300+ "File Not Found" pop-ups. I have tried the following,
thinking it was a long shot, and of course, it was:

=IF(ISERROR('R:\reports\current\[IS_10001.xls]Sheet2'!$B$12),"Not
found",'R:\reports\current\[IS_10001.xls]Sheet2'!$B$12)

I would like to avoid using VBA for this if possible - I want to be able to
set up the summary file for the entire year, so 12 tabs in the workbook, with
links adjusted to point to different monthly folders. Obviously, if it is
March, the December recs are not completed. I don't want to be prompted
about that.

Any ideas?