Phil

Default Conditional Formatting

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around the conditional formatting tool but I seem
to be having a bit of a problem, I have a list columd of data that looks a
bit like this

117.4998
84.3664
117.5
117.922
116.978

I want to highlight the figures where the data is above 105.0 but no matter
how I type the CountIF statement in nothing gets highlighted.
My code looks like :- =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$500,A2)105.0
When I go back to check the formula that I have typed in, the .0 has been
removed, shall I take it there is something wrong with my syntax.

Thanks for any help offerend
Phil
Leo Heuser

Hi Phil

If I have understood you correctly, try selecting
A2:A500 (from A2) and use this condition:

=A2105

Please notice, that A2 has to be relative (no $$)
to make it change (in the condition) down the column
to A3, A4 etc.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Phil" skrev i en meddelelse

I am trying to get my head around the conditional formatting tool but I
seem
to be having a bit of a problem, I have a list columd of data that looks a
bit like this

117.4998
84.3664
117.5
117.922
116.978

I want to highlight the figures where the data is above 105.0 but no
matter
how I type the CountIF statement in nothing gets highlighted.
My code looks like :- =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$500,A2)105.0
When I go back to check the formula that I have typed in, the .0 has been
removed, shall I take it there is something wrong with my syntax.

Thanks for any help offerend
Phil

Phil

Hi Leo.

So that was where I was going wrong, thanks for that, I will get the hang of
all this Excel stuff eventualy :-)

Thanks Phil