Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multi variable calcs on multiple sheets...

I'm working on a database for some thermal calcs,
where based on a system type, Window type, and a 'vision percentage', i
reference a linear formula for calculating a value.
so far, I have an INDEX(system type, window type) function that calls the
cell with the line formula eg: =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993
- the F17 value is the percentage variable.
However, i want to make this available for multiple sheets, and i'm not sure
how to do that. I've tried converting =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993 into text and
then converting it back into a formula on the separate sheet, but that doesnt
seem to work.
if you understand my problem, can you help me out with a function that will
work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
If you want that result to be available in different sheets in the same
cell, let's say sheet 2 to sheet3 cell A1
click on Sheet2, then hold the Shift key and click on Sheet3 now you will
see all the sheets highlighted, go to the cell you want the result and just
enter =Sheet1!A1,
I supposed that the formula is in cell A1, change it to fit your needs

"Derrick" wrote:

I'm working on a database for some thermal calcs,
where based on a system type, Window type, and a 'vision percentage', i
reference a linear formula for calculating a value.
so far, I have an INDEX(system type, window type) function that calls the
cell with the line formula eg: =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993
- the F17 value is the percentage variable.
However, i want to make this available for multiple sheets, and i'm not sure
how to do that. I've tried converting =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993 into text and
then converting it back into a formula on the separate sheet, but that doesnt
seem to work.
if you understand my problem, can you help me out with a function that will
work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hey thanks, but its not quite so easy
for clarification, there is the data sheet, with the formulas, and then
multiple calc sheets, where the formulas are being 'called to'. the problem
lies in that all three variables change with every calc sheet. i've been
able to use the index with nested match functions to solve 2 variables, but
the third i can't figure out.
so, in a nutshell, i need different results visible on multiple sheets,
while referencing the same formula - =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993, lets say.
how can i get the F17 to change to 'sheet1'!F17 if 'sheet1' needs that
formula, and to 'sheet2'!F17 if sheet2 needs it... but without making two
separate formulas on my data sheet?
does that make more sense?

"Derrick" wrote:

I'm working on a database for some thermal calcs,
where based on a system type, Window type, and a 'vision percentage', i
reference a linear formula for calculating a value.
so far, I have an INDEX(system type, window type) function that calls the
cell with the line formula eg: =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993
- the F17 value is the percentage variable.
However, i want to make this available for multiple sheets, and i'm not sure
how to do that. I've tried converting =-0.0164*F17 + 1.993 into text and
then converting it back into a formula on the separate sheet, but that doesnt
seem to work.
if you understand my problem, can you help me out with a function that will
work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
Same formula, different results.