Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What happened to my formatting?

In Excel 2003, I have a cell with text. I've applied character formatting to
a couple of words in the text. But when I hit Enter, it disappears.

When I now select the cell and hit F2 to edit it, I can see the formatting
that I applied. But then I then hit Enter, and it disappears again.

What's happening to my formatting? Why can't I see it?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do you mean you can't see it on the Formula bar or in the spreadsheet after
you press enter?

If you mean on the Formula bar - you never see it there even if you format
it there.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Eric" wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a cell with text. I've applied character formatting to
a couple of words in the text. But when I hit Enter, it disappears.

When I now select the cell and hit F2 to edit it, I can see the formatting
that I applied. But then I then hit Enter, and it disappears again.

What's happening to my formatting? Why can't I see it?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can't see the formatting in the cell on the sheet after I press enter. Not
the formula bar.

The cell contains a couple of sentences of literal text. I've highlighted
one word in red bold. I can only see the red bold it when I select the cell
and hit F2 (edit), and the formatting reappears in the cell. But when I hit
enter, it disappears.

I can't figure out why. (I even checked to see if maybe I had applied
conditional formatting to the cell and forgot about it, but no.)

"Eric" wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have a cell with text. I've applied character formatting to
a couple of words in the text. But when I hit Enter, it disappears.

When I now select the cell and hit F2 to edit it, I can see the formatting
that I applied. But then I then hit Enter, and it disappears again.

What's happening to my formatting? Why can't I see it?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 14, 8:41*am, Eric wrote:
In Excel 2003, I have a cell with text. I've applied character formatting to
a couple of words in the text. But when I hit Enter, it disappears.

When I now select the cell and hit F2 to edit it, I can see the formatting
that I applied. But then I then hit Enter, and it disappears again.

What's happening to my formatting? Why can't I see it?

Thanks.

Check to see if you have white as the font color. And I do hope it's
something that easy!