Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Now what happened?

I am trying to set up Excel on my new computer (a Vista 64 bit). For some
reason(s) or other, Excel is seriously wanting to file all my Excel files
he C:\Windows\System32. Obviously I do NOT want to file them there!! lol.
I would like to file them on my HP Media Drive, My Documents folder located
in my K drive. Nothing seems to work for me. Anyone offer me any assistance
or should I just delete Excel an reinstall?
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your Excel help isn't working, then a reinstall is probably a good idea.
If it is, "default" will point you at the topic: Change the default working
folder
--
David Biddulph

"Jim1812" wrote in message
I am trying to set up Excel on my new computer (a Vista 64 bit). For some
reason(s) or other, Excel is seriously wanting to file all my Excel files
he C:\Windows\System32. Obviously I do NOT want to file them there!!
lol.
I would like to file them on my HP Media Drive, My Documents folder
located
in my K drive. Nothing seems to work for me. Anyone offer me any
assistance
or should I just delete Excel an reinstall?
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You might want to check with the Windows newsgroups on this one.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Jim1812" wrote:

I am trying to set up Excel on my new computer (a Vista 64 bit). For some
reason(s) or other, Excel is seriously wanting to file all my Excel files
he C:\Windows\System32. Obviously I do NOT want to file them there!! lol.
I would like to file them on my HP Media Drive, My Documents folder located
in my K drive. Nothing seems to work for me. Anyone offer me any assistance
or should I just delete Excel an reinstall?
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007, review the setting in Excel Options, Save, Default file
location.

Prior versions, Tools, Options, Save