Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What happened to my File?

I linked an excel file to a MS Access Table and inserted a record into the
table and then went to the excel file and there is an error trying to open
the file. I restarted my computer and the same thing happened. I restored
my computer to an earlier point and the same thing happened. Is the file
damaged somehow? Will I be able to restore the file or open it?

--
Gator
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You had Access open and in Access you linked an Excel file to Access?

You inserted a record into the table in Access?

You then opened the Excel file and got the error?

Restoring your computer to an earlier date will not help.
System Restore does not save or restore data files.

Is your Excel file damaged?

Possibly but I have no idea why.

Can you restore it? Maybe...see line above.

Try opening your Access *.mdb and delete the links to Excel and see what happens
to your Excel file.

Load a copy of your backup copy and try again.

You might get a hint of something if it happens on the copy of the copy.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:22:12 -0800, Gator
wrote:

I linked an excel file to a MS Access Table and inserted a record into the
table and then went to the excel file and there is an error trying to open
the file. I restarted my computer and the same thing happened. I restored
my computer to an earlier point and the same thing happened. Is the file
damaged somehow? Will I be able to restore the file or open it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 2, 5:22*am, Gator wrote:
I linked anexcelfile to a MS Access Table and inserted a record into the
table and then went to theexcelfile and there is an error trying to open
the file. *I restarted my computer and the same thing happened. *I restored
my computer to an earlier point and the same thing happened. *Is the filedamagedsomehow? *Will I be able to restore the file or open it?

--
Gator

Maybe your file does corrupt, I think you can try some repair tools to
restore your file. I'd like to use one software called Advanced Excel
Repair. It is a powerful tool to repair corrupt or damaged Excel
files.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/aer.exe

Hope this will help.

Alan