Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HO do I enter a number and have it always appear negative

Hi, i want all numbers in a range of cells to appear with a minus but want to
just enter the figures. Is this possible? Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Enter the numbers to the range
2. Once done. enter -1 to a ununsed cell and copy the cell
3. With the copy ON; select the entered range of cells
4. Right clickPasteSpecialselect Multiply OK.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Shorichi" wrote:

Hi, i want all numbers in a range of cells to appear with a minus but want to
just enter the figures. Is this possible? Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Possible with VBA to change the numbers to negative as you enter them.

Const myRange As String = "A1:A10"
On Error GoTo endit
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(myRange)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If Application.IsNumber(.Value) And _
Left(.Value, 1) < "-" Then
.Value = .Value * -1
End If
End With
End If
endit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the above into that sheet module.

Edit myRange to suit. Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP