Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text running on status bar in Excel

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Launch VBE using Alt+F11.
From menu 'Insert' a module.
Paste the code as below

Sub Macro()
'your code here.
End Macro

Now close and get back to workbook. From menu ToolsMacro select the macro
and Run.

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops..please ignore the post..I misunderstood your question..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Launch VBE using Alt+F11.
From menu 'Insert' a module.

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by text running?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()
Application.statusbar="text here..."
End sub
Each time I open the spread sheet, "text here..." displayed on the status
bar at the bottom of the screen, and on the left. I would like to make it
moving left to right of the screen and again, again, like a maqueer text on
the web site.
If you know, could you help me. Thanks.
Tvnguye
PS: I could not access to the link from email hotmail. It looked like does
not work.

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll have to do it yourself. You could loop through the string one character
at a time and put that into the statusbar.

You'll also have to decide when to update the statusbar. And that would depend
on what your code does. Some stuff will take longer than other stuff.

Tvnguye wrote:

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand your comments. Could you give me a sample code? Thanks.
Tvnguye

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You'll have to do it yourself. You could loop through the string one character
at a time and put that into the statusbar.

You'll also have to decide when to update the statusbar. And that would depend
on what your code does. Some stuff will take longer than other stuff.

Tvnguye wrote:

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim iCtr As Long
Dim myStr As String

myStr = "hello, how are you"

For iCtr = 1 To Len(myStr)
Application.StatusBar = Mid(myStr, iCtr)
Application.Wait Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1)
Next iCtr

Application.StatusBar = False

End Sub

I used application.wait to wait a second before advancing the marqee. I'm sure
that's not what you want.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You'll have to do it yourself. You could loop through the string one character
at a time and put that into the statusbar.

You'll also have to decide when to update the statusbar. And that would depend
on what your code does. Some stuff will take longer than other stuff.

Tvnguye wrote:

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did a search for "Excel marquee" and found this page with a sample
workbook.

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41046

HTH,
JP

"Dave Peterson" wrote:
You'll have to do it yourself. *You could loop through the string one character
at a time and put that into the statusbar.

You'll also have to decide when to update the statusbar. *And that would depend
on what your code does. *Some stuff will take longer than other stuff..

Tvnguye wrote:

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. *Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Dave for your sample code. During macro running, it shows hour
glass icon until time is out. That is what I don't want, but probably in
Excel it is only way to do that.
You have a good day.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You'll have to do it yourself. You could loop through the string one character
at a time and put that into the statusbar.

You'll also have to decide when to update the statusbar. And that would depend
on what your code does. Some stuff will take longer than other stuff.

Tvnguye wrote:

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()

"Tvnguye" wrote:

I used code: Application.statusbar = "text here..."
But I don't know how to make text running. Could you help me?
Notify me by email:
Thanks
Nguyen

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can change the cursor (see application.cursor in VBA's help). But as a
user, I know what that hourglass means.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You'll have to do it yourself. You could loop through the string one character
at a time and put that into the statusbar.

You'll also have to decide when to update the statusbar. And that would depend
on what your code does. Some stuff will take longer than other stuff.

Tvnguye wrote:

I created a macro like:
Sub Auto_open()