Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Not Responding

I have a large file in excel (48MB) and I know it is going to
calculate slowly, but for some reason on my new computer (office 2007,
windows vista) everytime I try to make any changes it crashes, always
at 41%. I do have it on manual calculate, so I can make a change but
then when I press F9 or try to save it crashes. My old computer with
less memory and space and Windows xp older excel takes forever, but
doesn't crash. Any insights?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make a copy of the file and then run from the Start button Microsoft Office
Tools - Recover Application after you open the workbook.

It is either in a Shortcut by itself in windows or under Microsoft Office.