Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 limit the number of column?

Hi,

Before the last column with data was "JR",
but now the last column I can see is "IS" and I cannot see anymore the
columns after "IS" & the infos in these columns.
what i can do?

Jean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The number of columns for 2007 is much more than that. Check whether your
columns are hidden.

Select all (Ctrl+A) HometabCEllsFormatHide UnhideUnhide columns

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jean" wrote:

Hi,

Before the last column with data was "JR",
but now the last column I can see is "IS" and I cannot see anymore the
columns after "IS" & the infos in these columns.
what i can do?

Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Excel 2003 had 256 columns, Excel 2007 has 16,384.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jean" wrote:

Hi,

Before the last column with data was "JR",
but now the last column I can see is "IS" and I cannot see anymore the
columns after "IS" & the infos in these columns.
what i can do?

Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to add to Jacob and Shane's responses...

After you've shown all the columns using Jacob's technique, if you don't see all
16k columns that Shane mentioned, then save the file as a normal xl2007 file.
Close the workbook and reopen it.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Yes, this help but I lost all data in the column beetwen "IS and JR".
Anyway to rescue them.
Perhaps is because on time a save the workbook as Excel 97-2003 & later I
save as ".xlsm"

On the same workbook I cannot also past any cell either with "CTRL V" or
with ribbon Paste(it is greyed out).

Do you think it come from that?

Jean

jean wrote:

Hi,

Before the last column with data was "JR",
but now the last column I can see is "IS" and I cannot see anymore the
columns after "IS" & the infos in these columns.
what i can do?

Jean

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you save a file in xl2003 and below format, the last column will be column
IV. Any data that you had to the right of column IV (IW to ???) will be lost.

But the data in columns IS to IV is not lost when the file was saved in xl2003
file format.

If you cleared the data from those cells, then you'll have to use one of your
backups(!).

If your attempt to unhide those columns failed, then try it again. Maybe your
data is still there.