Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get data in several columns to appear all in one column?

I have 6 columns of names on a worksheet. I would like to end up with all
the names in one column without have to cut and paste each of the 5 columns
to the one destination column. Is there an easier way to accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can concatenate the values with a formula similar to this...

=A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 & " " & D1 & " " & E1 & " " & F1

Note that I have added a balnk space between each entry.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"winston" wrote:

I have 6 columns of names on a worksheet. I would like to end up with all
the names in one column without have to cut and paste each of the 5 columns
to the one destination column. Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this in G1 and copy down until you get zeros.

=INDIRECT(CHAR(65+MOD(ROW()-1,6))&INT((ROW()-1)/6)+1)

i.e. if you have a range of A1:F50 you would copy down to G300

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP