Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Record Macro greyed out

How do I get the macro function to work? The Record Macro, Macro, and Visual
Basic icons are all greyed out, so they do not work. I have reinstalled to
insure all features were installed. Under Macro setttings, I selected "Enable
all macros". Still nothing. Macros worked fine for me in 2003 version.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the macro security level..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"paullie" wrote:

How do I get the macro function to work? The Record Macro, Macro, and Visual
Basic icons are all greyed out, so they do not work. I have reinstalled to
insure all features were installed. Under Macro setttings, I selected "Enable
all macros". Still nothing. Macros worked fine for me in 2003 version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Check under Office Button, Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center
Settings, Macro Settings. try Enable all macros... and turn on Trust access
to the VBA ...

See if this helps. You could also look under Message Bar and make sure Show
the Message Bar ... is on.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"paullie" wrote:

How do I get the macro function to work? The Record Macro, Macro, and Visual
Basic icons are all greyed out, so they do not work. I have reinstalled to
insure all features were installed. Under Macro setttings, I selected "Enable
all macros". Still nothing. Macros worked fine for me in 2003 version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply. I did already have "Enable all macros" and "Trust
access to VBA" checked. Show Message bar was not checked, but it was greyed
out so that it could be checked. "HELP" directions say that the check box
will not be available if there are no current messages.