Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Backup of files

I'm using Excel 2007. In previous versions of Excel, I was able to set up an
option for saving so that if I saved a file, it would move the previous file
to a .xlk file (I think that was the extension). So I always had 2
generations of a file. I can't seem to find that option in 2007. Any help
on this is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out

Office button(Top Left)Excel OptionsSave

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dhstein" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007. In previous versions of Excel, I was able to set up an
option for saving so that if I saved a file, it would move the previous file
to a .xlk file (I think that was the extension). So I always had 2
generations of a file. I can't seem to find that option in 2007. Any help
on this is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops...

Check the Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options dialog.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dhstein" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007. In previous versions of Excel, I was able to set up an
option for saving so that if I saved a file, it would move the previous file
to a .xlk file (I think that was the extension). So I always had 2
generations of a file. I can't seem to find that option in 2007. Any help
on this is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm using MS Office 2007. I can't find Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options
dialog. When I click the Office button and move the cursor to "Save as" I see
a list of options like "Excel workbook", "Excel Macro-enabled workbook",
etc. Am I looking in the wrong place?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Oops...

Check the Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options dialog.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or better yet.................look at bottom left corner<g

Gord

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Oops...

Check the Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options dialog.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On my 2007 it is at far left bottom at same level as Save and Cancel

Gord

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Oops...

Check the Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options dialog.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're using WinXP, I bet.

In Vista, it's no longer a button. It looks like a "floating" dropdown and it's
just to the left of those buttons on the bottom right.

Off to google to search images...

Here's a picture from Vista:
http://media.wiley.com/Lux/87/71787.image0.jpg

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Oops...

Check the Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks to all. I was looking for tools in the window that opens when you
click on the office button then Save as. I'm using XP and the tools button is
at the lower left corner. Guess I've just been blind. :-(

Keith

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Oops...

Check the Save As WindowToolsGeneral Options dialog.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Win XP is correct Dave.