Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merging cells

I'm tring to figure out how to copy and paste multiple cells into multiple
merged cells. For example:
A1 A2 A3 B6 B7 B8
1 2 3

copy A1 A2 A3 (nonmerged cells) into B6 B7 B8 (merged and centered cells)
if i do this one at a time it works fine, but if i try to do them all at
once it takes the merged cells (B6 B7 B8) and removes the merged and center
format. Is there a way to do this or do i need to just keep doing it one by
one, which is very time consumming, as i have alot of these to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"justinc" wrote in message
I'm tring to figure out how to copy and paste multiple cells into multiple
merged cells. For example:
A1 A2 A3 B6 B7 B8
1 2 3

copy A1 A2 A3 (nonmerged cells) into B6 B7 B8 (merged and centered cells)
if i do this one at a time it works fine, but if i try to do them all at
once it takes the merged cells (B6 B7 B8) and removes the merged and
center
format. Is there a way to do this or do i need to just keep doing it one
by
one, which is very time consumming, as i have alot of these to do?

I would try using an intermediate cell which first concatenates the
non-merged cells i.e. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3). Then you should be able to
paste the data into your merged cells. You may have to play around with the
formatting etc to get it just as you want it.

If you have lots to do, either copy the intermediate formula to other cells
(which can be hidden if appropriate) or create a simple macro to automate
the process.

Hope this helps?