Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging cells?

If I have data in Column A and data in Column B and want to put the data in
Column B along with the data in Column A and I have to do this with a
thousand rows is there anyway I can do this without doing one cell at a
time? Therefore have all my data in Column A only. I have Vista with Excel
XP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

in c1 put

=A1 & " " & B1

if that looks right copy it down as far as the data goes. Then Select
all the filled cells in C, copy and then Paste Special in A, picking
Value from the list. If everything looks the way you want, Save the file.