Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merging of cells

Can anyone tell me how I can take the information from four cells in one row
and four columns and stack it into one cell? I have 300 rows I need to do
this with. You will find a example below:

From: SUPPLIER CONTACT TELEPHONE FAX (COLUMN HEADER)
WD RalpH 734-7990 838-8787 (CELLS)

TO: SUPPLIER (COLUMN HEADER)
WD (ONE CELL)
RalpH
734-7990
838-8787

Thanks for the help on a tall question.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your data was in Columns A to D.
Try this in say E2:

=A2&CHAR(10)&B2&CHAR(10)&C2&CHAR(10)&D2

And copy down as needed.

Format Column E to "Wrap Text" under:

<Format <Cells <Alignment tab.
--
HTH,

RD

"He cries for help" wrote in
message ...

From: SUPPLIER CONTACT TELEPHONE FAX (COLUMN HEADER)
WD RalpH 734-7990 838-8787 (CELLS)

TO: SUPPLIER (COLUMN HEADER)
WD (ONE CELL)
RalpH
734-7990
838-8787

Thanks for the help on a tall question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This worked great thanks

From: SUPPLIER CONTACT TELEPHONE FAX (COLUMN HEADER)
WD RalpH 734-7990 838-8787 (CELLS)

TO: SUPPLIER (COLUMN HEADER)
WD (ONE CELL)
RalpH
734-7990
838-8787

Thanks for the help on a tall question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"He cries for help" wrote in
message ...
This worked great thanks

From: SUPPLIER CONTACT TELEPHONE FAX (COLUMN HEADER)

Merging cells kolds New Users to Excel 8 July 21st 07 11:11 PM
Merging cells Al_baker Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 December 6th 06 02:01 PM
Merging Cells David New Users to Excel 24 September 2nd 06 08:36 PM
Merging Cells DC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 February 21st 06 06:42 PM
Merging Cells BruceT Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 2nd 04 06:38 AM