Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging cells

I am trying to clean up an excel doc by merging data in many cells into one
and deleting the original cells. THis however cannot be done it seems as the
references are then invalid?

Thanks for any help......
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

That would be true..........whatis it that you are really wanting asthe end
result?..........perhaps there's another way.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Al_baker" wrote:

I am trying to clean up an excel doc by merging data in many cells into one
and deleting the original cells. THis however cannot be done it seems as the
references are then invalid?

Thanks for any help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is information regarding a projects requirement sacttered over many
cells and I want this info in one. Rather than copying and pasting from all
of these seperate cells, is there another way?

Thanks again

"Al_baker" wrote:

I am trying to clean up an excel doc by merging data in many cells into one
and deleting the original cells. THis however cannot be done it seems as the
references are then invalid?

Thanks for any help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Perhaps CONCATENATION would serve you.........
ie: if A1=Merry and B1=Christmas, then this formula in C1 would return
Merry Christmas...........

=A1&" "&B1

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Al_baker" wrote:

I am trying to clean up an excel doc by merging data in many cells

into one
and deleting the original cells. THis however cannot be done it seems

as the
references are then invalid?

Thanks for any help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

All this does is CONCATENATE what you have in other cells together into a new
cell. The original cells should stay intact.

Sorry I haven't been responding too quickly, but my Newsgroup access has
been interrupted. Hopefully all is well now. So, if you are still having
trouble with it, perhaps give us some more info as to what you have in what
cell, and how it responds....then, someone will help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3