Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Q Q is offline

Default How to find out the cause for Excel 2007 slower than Excel 2003?

Hello

I have a macro that was written in Excel 2003. In Excel 2003, it takes
about 45 secs to run. But in Excel 2007, it takes about 4 mins!

Any idea on how to find out what causes Excel 2007 to run an Excel 2003
macro running slower in Excel 2007 than in Excel 2003. This is not an
isolation situation. I have other macros that were written in Excel 2003,
that they are also running slower in Excel 2007, when comparing to running in
Excel 2003. However, the additional time it takes is not 4x as much.

In this particular case, I have a few worksheets, which have formula in many
cells that either reference the values of other cells in a different
worksheet (in the same workbook) or performance calculations referencing
values in other cells. Could this be the cause? If this is the reason, any
setting in Excel 2007 that I can set to improve the speed?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is well know that XL2007 is slower in some instances than XL2003.
Have you installed all the service packs form MS?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Q" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Q Q is offline

Default How to find out the cause for Excel 2007 slower than Excel 200

Thanks for your suggestion. But the latest SPs do not help.