Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Restrict no of chars in text box

I've created a text box in Excel 2003 using the text box tool on the drawing
toolbar (didn't want to use other one as it prompts to enable/disable macros
which will confuse my users!)

How can I make it so that when users type into the text box they cannot go
beyond the boundary at the bottom - I have stretched it to the size I want
but don't want anyone typing further down as the text doesn't print out. Any
help/ideas gratefully received.

Thanks Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My bad, not good at the readin part. So, there's two options. you can
either change it to a control toolbox text box or you will need to do
programming and assign the macro to it. If option B, you'll probably want to
check the programming section of this discussion group.