Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to create (Yes/NO) check boxes in Excel cells?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create (Yes/NO) check boxes in
Excel cells? With data validation on selection, if yes is clicked, then no
will be unclicked automatically, if no is clicked, then yes will be unclicked
automatically.
Does anyone have any suggestions
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eric,

You can do a Yes/No data validation in a single cell, but it sounds like you
want to have Yes in one cell and No in another. If this is the case, you can
use a spreadsheet change event to monitor when the Yes or No selection has
changed. I'm also unclear on the distinction between whether you want to use
checkboxes or data validation or a combination of both.
Eddie
http://www.HelpExcel.com

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create (Yes/NO) check boxes in
Excel cells? With data validation on selection, if yes is clicked, then no
will be unclicked automatically, if no is clicked, then yes will be unclicked
automatically.
Does anyone have any suggestions
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do it with check boxes, but it's much harder to code and Excel has a
builtin function for this already.... Option Buttons.

If you add Option Buttons in pairs from the Control Toolbox toolbar, click
on Properties and set them to a GROUP of their own name for each pair.

Option buttons only allow one item in the "group" to be selected at a time.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create (Yes/NO) check boxes in
Excel cells? With data validation on selection, if yes is clicked, then no
will be unclicked automatically, if no is clicked, then yes will be unclicked
automatically.
Does anyone have any suggestions
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank everyone very much for suggestions
Could you please tell me how to add option buttons in pairs from the Control
Toolbox toolbar?
Thank anyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create (Yes/NO) check boxes in
Excel cells? With data validation on selection, if yes is clicked, then no
will be unclicked automatically, if no is clicked, then yes will be unclicked
automatically.
Does anyone have any suggestions
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add a couple of optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar.
Rightclick on each and show the property dialog
Each optionbutton in the same group will have to have its own unique GroupName

If you used optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, you could put each
optionbutton in the group in a GroupBox (also on that Forms toolbar).

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create (Yes/NO) check boxes in
Excel cells? With data validation on selection, if yes is clicked, then no
will be unclicked automatically, if no is clicked, then yes will be unclicked
automatically.
Does anyone have any suggestions
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric