Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Collapsing (hiding) rows

I am currently working on an action plan for work. I would like to have my
main actions there at all times, and then at a click of a button I would like
the details to show.
For example.

Build a house
buy the wood
higher workers
find land

Buy a car
research cars
find a dealer

The things indented I would like to hide, and then the others I would like
to have showing at all times.

I am a very basic excel user, so please answer as detailed as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would think using Group would give you an easy solution.

Type your information as below.

highlight the rows containing your indented information.

Go to Data Group Group

The indented data will be hidden and a plus sign will show in your row number.

Click on the plus sign, and the data is unhidden.

If you have multiple groups, you can also use the 1 and 2 that appear at the
top left of your worksheet to group/ungroup all at the same time.

"Ashley" wrote:

I am currently working on an action plan for work. I would like to have my
main actions there at all times, and then at a click of a button I would like
the details to show.
For example.

Build a house
buy the wood
higher workers
find land

Buy a car
research cars
find a dealer

The things indented I would like to hide, and then the others I would like
to have showing at all times.

I am a very basic excel user, so please answer as detailed as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your data is in A1:A8..................

Select A2:A5 and DataGroupBy rows.

Select A7:A8 and DataGroupBy rows

Use the + and - buttons to hide/unhide

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP