Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
V V is offline

Default Help is much appreciated for-

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of excel are you using?

If it's xl2003 or below, I'd look at your antivirus software. I don't think
it's excel that's creating the files.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
V V is offline

Hi Dave,
Thank You !!, for repling. I am using Office Excel 2007.
Each time I click to 'save changes' I've made, after closing a new
icon/file appears.
It comes with the changes/updated as a TMP file

BUT when I open it, the box says the file is different format than specified
by
the file extension, verify trusted source & not corrupted'

Any thoughts?
With Appreciation, V

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've read a few posts that xl2007 does create these TMP files (but I've never
seen them myself). It's a way of locking the file (if I recall correctly).

But I've never seen these things hang around after I've closed the workbook.
(Maybe they're usually hidden, then deleted and you're seeing a problem????)

If you look at the properties, how large is the file?

==========
And just for grins, you may want to disable your AV (just temporarily) to see if
that makes the problem go away???

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
V V is offline

FYI- Size- 40.5 KB

Also, should the it be checked 'hidden' in properties??

& an older version of excel created the file I'm using, but the author
doesn't have any issues, no it's not a shared file.

Thanks again.. Enjoy your weekend!

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
V V is offline

FYI- size 40.5 KB

Also should it be checked 'hidden or read only' in properties??

The file was created on an older version of excel.. It is Not a shared file
but emailed each weekend, and NO one else has problems.

Enjoy your holiday weekend,

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The original .xls file was created in an earlier version, not the .tmp file,
right?

I don't use xl2007 enough to know how it treats this file. I'm not sure if it's
hidden/system or what.

Maybe someone who uses xl2007 and has seen these files will jump in.

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On May 22, 3:13*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
The original .xls file was created in an earlier version, not the .tmpfile,
right?

I don't use xl2007 enough to know how it treats this file. *I'm not sure if it's
hidden/system or what.

Maybe someone who uses xl2007 and has seen thesefileswill jump in.

I'll jump in - whether I'll help the situation or not is another
question since I'm having this same issue *ever since I installed NAV
2009*. Up until then Excel 2007 was just fine. Now I'm getting
random .tmp files for both Excel and Word that I can't delete until
after the computer's been cycled off and off.

Serves me right for using NAV..but if someone knows some way to fix
the problem, please post here.

Thx.

/hunter

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting newfiles(?)TMPfile type each time..
Which creates 10-20 newfilesa day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc