Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help is much appreciated for-

I've read a few posts that xl2007 does create these TMP files (but I've never
seen them myself). It's a way of locking the file (if I recall correctly).

But I've never seen these things hang around after I've closed the workbook.
(Maybe they're usually hidden, then deleted and you're seeing a problem????)

If you look at the properties, how large is the file?

==========
And just for grins, you may want to disable your AV (just temporarily) to see if
that makes the problem go away???

V wrote:

Hi Dave,
Thank You !!, for repling. I am using Office Excel 2007.
Each time I click to 'save changes' I've made, after closing a new
icon/file appears.
It comes with the changes/updated as a TMP file

BUT when I open it, the box says the file is different format than specified
by
the file extension, verify trusted source & not corrupted'

Any thoughts?
With Appreciation, V

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What version of excel are you using?

If it's xl2003 or below, I'd look at your antivirus software. I don't think
it's excel that's creating the files.

V wrote:

After editing my workbook/sheet (done several times daily) I click save , and
now I am getting new files (?) TMP file type each time..
Which creates 10-20 new files a day.

I have looked in all excel/microsoft help sites and can't find a solution.

Thank you so much!

--

Dave Peterson

--