Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default When clicking cell near pagebreak cells higlight to the end?

When I select a cell in Excel, it often happened that a number of adjacent
cells (horizontally or vertically) are also automatically selected. I must
then use the shift and arrow keys to unselect the unwanted cells. The
extended range (F8 or shift + F8) is not selected. How can I stop this
annoying feature?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using Excel 2007?

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

I have received replies to this advice indicating the zoom change clears it
up.

Thanks for the suggestion of changing the zoom. It worked for me. I have
also found that if you minimize the spreadsheet and work on it stretched out
to full size but still minimized that works as well. Crazy annoying glitch!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP