Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to higlight highest and lowest values in row

I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 that shows different suppliers in the
columns, and different items in the rows. I need to find a formula that will
find the highest value for each item, and highlight it in green, and find the
lowest value for each item and highlight in red. Is this possible?
--
Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

highlight the range or the column headerformatconditional formatformula
is=f1=max(f:f)format as desired

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 that shows different suppliers in the
columns, and different items in the rows. I need to find a formula that
will
find the highest value for each item, and highlight it in green, and find
the
lowest value for each item and highlight in red. Is this possible?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Don,
I can find the max value in each row by entering a conditional format
formula of =E7=MAX(E7:I7), but when I try to add another formula
=e7=min(e7:I7) it doesn't work properly - some rows end up with two cells
highlighted green. Any ideas?
--
Michelle

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 that shows different suppliers in the
columns, and different items in the rows. I need to find a formula that
will
find the highest value for each item, and highlight it in green, and find
the
lowest value for each item and highlight in red. Is this possible?
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That did the tick - thank you!