Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Increasing numbers.

I'm trying to number cells but the way I would like to do it is in the
adjoining cell it will be the next number. Y'know like 1,2,3,4 and so on. I
have two books on Excel but I can't find that info. Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In A1 type 54
In A2 use =A1+1
Copy down the column

OR of use the automatic fill featu type numbers in A1 and A2, select and
drag down the column

OR use Edit | Fill

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"pawnraider" wrote in message
I'm trying to number cells but the way I would like to do it is in the
adjoining cell it will be the next number. Y'know like 1,2,3,4 and so on.
have two books on Excel but I can't find that info. Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Maybe something like this
Assume data will be sequentially entered in B2 down
Put in A2: =IF(B2="","",ROWS($1:1))
Copy A2 down to cover the max expected extent of data entry in col B, eg
down to A100. Col A will return the serial numbering in tandem with the data
entry in col B

If above helps, click YES below
--
Max