Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making a formula to copy cells in a particula way

Hi I have hundreds of cells like this. All the way down a column

H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3400

I want it to look like this (SEE BELOW). Effectivley copy each cell and
inserting it below, so that there are two of each data. Instead of me going
copy paste, copy paste etc. Is there a formula i can do to make it do what i
want? Even if it pastes it into another row that would be fine. Please help

H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3400
H8D-70GDT3400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your data in A2:A100

In B2: =INDEX($A$2:$A$100,ROW()/2)

copy down as far as needed

"Dingerz" wrote:

Hi I have hundreds of cells like this. All the way down a column

H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3400

I want it to look like this (SEE BELOW). Effectivley copy each cell and
inserting it below, so that there are two of each data. Instead of me going
copy paste, copy paste etc. Is there a formula i can do to make it do what i
want? Even if it pastes it into another row that would be fine. Please help

H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3400
H8D-70GDT3400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have got it to work
=INDEX($A$346:$A$375,1/2)
But its not doing what i wanted and only copying 1 cell over and over again

"Dingerz" wrote:

Hi I have hundreds of cells like this. All the way down a column

H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3400

I want it to look like this (SEE BELOW). Effectivley copy each cell and
inserting it below, so that there are two of each data. Instead of me going
copy paste, copy paste etc. Is there a formula i can do to make it do what i
want? Even if it pastes it into another row that would be fine. Please help

H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3322
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3330
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3331
H8D-70GDT3400
H8D-70GDT3400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try adapting TM's idea like this ..
Put in the start cell, eg in B346, then copy down:
=INDEX($A$346:$A$375,(ROWS($1:1)+1)/2)

Above tested ok here. Celebrate your success,
click the YES button below and in TM's response
--
Max
Singapore