Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default making a formula that will display a "word" in multile cells

Hi, i hope someone has the answer to my question.
what im trying to do is:
make a formula that will display a word in its cell & another word in a
different cell.
meaning: if i am typing in cell C1 and i use the if statement to compare two
values: IF(A1B1) if this is true then display the word "OFF" in its own
cell: this part is easy
i would also need it to display the word "ON" in cell D1
if the statement is false, i dont need anything displayed in any cells.
my formula is: IF((A1B1),("OFF"),("") -- this will display the word "OFF"
in cell C1 if the statement is true and nothing in its cell if the statement
is false. but i dont know how to display the word "ON" in cell D1 at the same
its displaying the word "OFF" in cell C1.

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

C1 = IF(A1B1,"OFF","")
D1 = IF(A1<=B1,"ON","")

a function cannot put a value in another cell. you would have to use VBA to
accomplish that.