Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter - Blank vs Space

I was suprised to see that a Blank is treated identical to a cell containing
a single space. I needed this in order to preserve section formatting while
filtering the entire sheet. I'm not suprised however, as the Filter feature
probably includes a built in trim function. Ha!, not good though if dealing
with a single space, really, come on.

The workaround is to use a different character like a period. However, it
forces me to change the font color to match the background color of the cell.
This workaround is tedious since there are two background colors to deal
with.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.