Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Default add blank space in cell if first name is not blank

XL 2002 SP3
Win XP HE

Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a list of names organized in table form.

I need to add a column with the field "blank" so that I can add a blank
space (which will serve as a separator between 1st and last name in a
different program) IF first name is not blank i.e. contains text.
the field in cells of column "blank" will either contain 1 blank space
or nothing.

(Obviously, for some records, only last name is available.)

How do I accomplish the above?

say "1st name" column is column A and "blank" field column is column F.
so =IF(A1<"",F1=" ") does not work as circular.

(concatenate A1&" " is not an option in this case.)

suggestions?

Tx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave Peterson wrote:
See your other post.

stef wrote:

Dave, u dt have to worry about the other post, i set up the cross
posting with only 1 follow-up group.
Wrote the followup group at top of my original post so people know the
replies will only go the the "followup" group.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oopsie. Please ignore this post.

Dave Peterson wrote:

See your other post.

stef wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I didn't notice that.

(And I wondered how my other reply showed up here. <vbg)

Quite unusual that someone would go to that much extra effort. (I wish I would
have noticed it the first time!)

stef wrote:

Dave Peterson wrote:
See your other post.