Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Make Object(s) Visible

How would I make an object visible/invisible depending on the contents of a
cell (for instance, making a block arrow visible when the number in a cell
drops below a certain level).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an example using a previously inserted Picture. Install the
following event macro in the worksheet code area:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("A1").Value < 5 Then
ActiveSheet.Pictures(1).Visible = True
Else
ActiveSheet.Pictures(1).Visible = False

The picture becomes visible if the value in A1 falls below 5.

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200853

"Dennis" wrote:

How would I make an object visible/invisible depending on the contents of a
cell (for instance, making a block arrow visible when the number in a cell
drops below a certain level).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have Excel 2007 you could use Icon Sets in Conditional formatting.

Elsewise you would need VBA event code to hide/unhide the object.

Example code.............

With Me.Range("D4")
Select Case .Value
Case Is 10: Me.Shapes("UP1").Visible = msoCTrue
Case Is < 10: Me.Shapes("DN1").Visible = msoCTrue
End Select
End With

If you wish I could send you a workbook with a complete set of code which
changes arrow object directions depending upon cell values.

email me at gorddibbATshawDOTca.................make appropriate changes to
address

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP