Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Make Object(s) Visible

If you have Excel 2007 you could use Icon Sets in Conditional formatting.

Elsewise you would need VBA event code to hide/unhide the object.

Example code.............

With Me.Range("D4")
Select Case .Value
Case Is 10: Me.Shapes("UP1").Visible = msoCTrue
Case Is < 10: Me.Shapes("DN1").Visible = msoCTrue
End Select
End With

If you wish I could send you a workbook with a complete set of code which
changes arrow object directions depending upon cell values.

email me at gorddibbATshawDOTca.................make appropriate changes to
address

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:24:01 -0700, Dennis
wrote:

How would I make an object visible/invisible depending on the contents of a
cell (for instance, making a block arrow visible when the number in a cell
drops below a certain level).