Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Object Not Visible

I am using Excel 2003, SP3. When I open a new workbook, select the Control
Toolbox, and select ANY object, like Checkbox, Listbox, Combobox, etc and
click on my worksheet...the object is TRANSPARENT...I cannot see ANYTHING
except the outline when initially created. Once I click outside the object,
its like its not there. I've checked the properties, opaque. I've compared to
Excel on my laptop...works fine and ALL settings for properties the same.
I've tried Ron's solution, Ctrl-6, nothing. I've compared the Excel
options...the same. Only when I can find the border and click on it will the
text and checkbox appear, but when I click around it, it disappears again.
This is just driving me NUTS. Has to be a setting somewhere I would
imagine...but darn if I can FIND IT! Please help