Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KT KT is offline

Default If i open a 2003 excel document in excel 2007 can i edit it ?

Can I edit my old spreadsheet using the new features? I don't want to re-do
the entire spreadsheet!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure! But if you're using new features which aren't compatible, like new
formulas or special conditional formatting, etc, you should then save the
file as a 2007 filetype. If you just want to use the tools from 07 to do
your editing, you can simply save the file and the fileofrmat won't change.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP