Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting commands

Why doesn't Excel have the formatting command 'change case'. This I've always
wondered about. It has many if not all the other ones that Word has, so why
not include the 'change case' command?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hope you know about the function =UPPER()

A1 = "this is fun"
=UPPER(A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jahsoulster" wrote:

Why doesn't Excel have the formatting command 'change case'. This I've always
wondered about. It has many if not all the other ones that Word has, so why
not include the 'change case' command?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In my view it is because it is a number crunching application and not a word
processing application. It provides cell/row/column based processing (not
word/sentence/paragraph).

It does have UPPER function to convert any cell value to uppercase.