Ben

Default How do I make a time Stamp in excel?

Ron,

I am glad I found this during my search it is what I am looking for. This
works great except for the speed. Do I have a setting wrong it takes 3
minutes before it will actually print. I am using a Pentium 4 3.4Ghz 1 Gig
ram machine?

Ben

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

You can use this code in the thisworkbook module to print the
date/time in the footer

Right click on the Excel icon next to File in the Worksheet menu bar
Choose view code
Paste this event there
Alt-q to go back to Excel

Dim wkSht As Worksheet
For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Printed on : " & _
Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
Next wkSht

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"lbbss" wrote in message ...
I would like for excel to print a date and time every time I print a spread
sheet.
The date is no problem, I use Today() command. Is there a function for
time?

Ben

Ron,

Thanks for the Tip the Now() works for the time it was put in or opened. I
have this file opened but I have this file open 24/7 and print new sheets
throughout the day. I would like each sheet to have the time it was printed,
not the time the file was open.

I understand that is what your first TIP did but for some reason it freezes
excel for about 3 minutes before it will print.

Is there any way to use the code or (similiar code) you put in for the
workbook in a manner that it will only post the print time to the footer or
header of the sheet that I am actually printing? This will probably speed it
up.

Thanks for you help!

Ben

"RdB" wrote:

=now() shows date and time

"lbbss" wrote in message ...

I would like for excel to print a date and time every time I print a spread
sheet.
The date is no problem, I use Today() command. Is there a function for
time?

Gord Dibben

Ben

Just for the active sheet

With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Printed on : " & _
Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP