Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default External Link Problem

Hi,
Does anybody know what this error message is:
" Excel can not complete this task with available resources. Choose less
data or close other applications"
I've 2 files, one as reference w/ 6000 rows data and another file linked to
the reference file by formula( the formula is SUMPRODUCT formula and not
array or very complicated one). when I open the second file only all the
formula turn to #REF error, but when the reference file is open the formula
work well and the answers are Okay but when saving the above Error Message
comes up.
Any help?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about seeing what happens if you change the formulas to something that
doesn't use the whole column?

I'd try to limit it to about what I need.

peyman wrote:

I'm not shouting. I'm not using whole colum though

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Why are you shouting at me??? If you are, INDEED, using the whole column,
change to the area concerned to see if it makes a difference.

If desired, send your file to my address below and I'll take a look.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"peyman" wrote in message
THE FORMULA IS WORKING WELL AND I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THAT BEFORE!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Perhaps you are using the entire column for your formulas.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"peyman" wrote in message
Does anybody know what this error message is:
" Excel can not complete this task with available resources. Choose
less
data or close other applications"
I've 2 files, one as reference w/ 6000 rows data and another file
linked
the reference file by formula( the formula is SUMPRODUCT formula and
not
array or very complicated one). when I open the second file only all
the
formula turn to #REF error, but when the reference file is open the
formula
work well and the answers are Okay but when saving the above Error
Message
comes up.
Any help?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As I said before, Excel does NOT like large external databases to query. So,
either bring in your sheet to the SAME file or use external names as I have
done in the attached files. Both must be open. Or, look in smaller than 5715
row chunks .

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel