Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using formula to pull data from different worksheets

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Hi,

Not knowing what your ranges in your other sheets are, the following is an
example that you can adapt for your need:

=VLOOKUP(a1,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(e2,"!","A1:B6")), 2
OR
=VLOOKUP(a1,INDIRECT(e2&"!"&"A1:B6"),2)

If this helps, please press YES

John

"smann" wrote:

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Hi,

For the first example i left a parenthesis at the end of the formula out by
mistake. It should read:

"smann" wrote:

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

=INDIRECT("IM_"&E2&"!a1")
with "March" in Ee of the activesheet, this formula will return the value
from A1 on the sheet "IM_March"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3