-   -   using formula to pull data from different worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230583-using-formula-pull-data-different-worksheets.html)

smann

using formula to pull data from different worksheets

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks

JCS

using formula to pull data from different worksheets

Hi,

Not knowing what your ranges in your other sheets are, the following is an
example that you can adapt for your need:

=VLOOKUP(a1,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(e2,"!","A1:B6")), 2
OR
=VLOOKUP(a1,INDIRECT(e2&"!"&"A1:B6"),2)

If this helps, please press YES

John

"smann" wrote:

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks

JCS

using formula to pull data from different worksheets

Hi,

For the first example i left a parenthesis at the end of the formula out by
mistake. It should read:

"smann" wrote:

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks

CLR

using formula to pull data from different worksheets

=INDIRECT("IM_"&E2&"!a1")
with "March" in Ee of the activesheet, this formula will return the value
from A1 on the sheet "IM_March"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"smann" wrote:

I am attempting to pull in data from different tabs in my workbook based on
specific month chosen by the user, which is done from a combo box. For
example, if user chooses March, I need to pull in data from a tab labeled
IM_March. I have the month chosen stored in a specific cell so I tried using
a vlookup using the & function ("IM_&e2") with e2 being the stored cell, but
that didn't work....anyone can give me some direction. Thanks

smann

using formula to pull data from different worksheets

Thanks, this helped....