Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Export xlsx format

I am using Accounting Software that allows export of reports to Excel Format.

I am using Excel 2007.

Issue 1

Each time export box is used this automatically selects *.xls format.

I have checked ODBC Settings in Control Panel and Excel Driver identifies
V12.0 and refers to xls / xlsx etc but only ever exports to .xls format.

I have spoken to the software manufacturer and they have advised that the
xls format applied is a microsoft issue not their own.

Is there any way I can change the export format to default to xlsx format?

Issue 2

Upon viewing data in Excel 2007 it then identifies in wrong format and needs
to be saved in a new format.

I discovered last night that in Excel options I could change Save format to
Excel 97-2003 Worksheet so this may reolve this Issue.

Please advsie asap

Many Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Item 1 is an issue with the exprting process and how the accounting software
works.

Item 2 But generally excel should process the file, but there can be
problems with dates as in m/d and d/m formats.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK