Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Excel 2007 format (*.xlsx) into Excel 2003 format

I received an Excel file created in 2007 format (*xlsx) and I am unable to
read the file, even after downloading the conversion patch
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx) The file
came to me with a *.xlsx.zip double extension. After extracting the .zip
files (14 files in 8 folders), I can view the individual files in xml format,
but not a completed spreadsheet. What needs to be done to view the single
workbook spreadsheet in Excel 2003?