Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 3rd and last Revised WorkBook

Sorry I took so long, bugger me; "To send attachments just post a new
thread........LOL." Am I that #@%# #@%#
Obstinate is the correct word you used for this employer. I am as
upset about it as you are. The main issue is the site sheets she needs
them as employees are moved about all the time. As she just looks up a
site and sees who is working there. Your design does that except for the
one problem in the roster sheet.
Your code is correct for only one site per week. that is the problem,
it needs to pick up all the sites of the one employer not just the one
site. here is the last revision of the workbook and I do want to say I'm
sorry for the hassles this book has.
I really cant say thankyou enough for being 110% patient with me and
trying to help.

PS: Please Read sheet 1 in the revised book

--
Aussiegirlone
Aussiegirlone's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=272

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default which one to use: Macros / Formula's / Lookup

Aussiegirlone;338042 Wrote:
Sorry I took so long, bugger me; "To send attachments just post a new
thread........LOL." Am I that #@%# #@%#
Obstinate is the correct word you used for this employer. I am as upset
about it as you are. The main issue is the site sheets she needs them as
employees are moved about all the time. As she just looks up a site and
sees who is working there. Your design does that except for the one
problem in the roster sheet.
Your code is correct for only one site per week. that is the problem,
it needs to pick up all the sites of the one employer not just the one
site. here is the last revision of the workbook and I do want to say I'm
sorry for the hassles this book has.
I really cant say thankyou enough for being 110% patient with me and
trying to help.

PS: Please Read sheet 1 in the revised bookI have moved your post to the correct thread, you haven't supplied the

revised workbook.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91647

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I must be having a bad day

|Filename: Employee's Roster 2 - Copy.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=129|

Aussiegirlone
Aussiegirlone's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=272
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91647

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just looking at your revised workbook in the above thread i notice that
you will not be able to calculate times in the way you have shown them,
also, if a sheet is called Site 3 why would you then want a whole column
of cells showing Site 3 as its value, you also will find it near
impossible to keep the workbook maintained as you have whole columns for
days with the date above each day, without even more code you will not
be able to keep up with changing these dates manually every week so that
the employee search works as it should, ideally you need to find a
better structure to your worksheets in order to manipulate the data.
Aussiegirlone Wrote:
Can you try both ways 1) keep all the Site Sheets and use only one
roster sheet as you had done? 2) Keep all the Site Sheets and all the
roster sheets? I think that would still be exceptable and I could then
show the employer the difference that one is outright better than the
otherI could possibly do No.1 but really only using the structure i first

sent you.