Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables - Questions on formatting, sorting

I enclosed a file to illustrate my questions.

In the enclosed pivot table I managed to display not only the absolute
2007 and 2008 turnover figures but also the difference in % as well as
the difference in €.

This leads to my next problems :
QUESTION 1
For the extra added calculated fields (difference in % and difference
in €) I get 2 sets of each 2 columns : each set contains a blank column
(here for the year 2007). How can I avoid these blank columns ? Is there
any way other than change the width of the column to 'hide' each 2007
column ? I tried hiding the columns but then I loose the title
information (here % Diff 2007), so I left the empty column as a width of
1 and thus kept title information.

QUESTION 2
New customers for 2008 (so with turnover 2007 zero) result in an
"error" in the % difference column : “#DEEL/0” (in an English version
this is"#DIVIDEBY/0"). Can this be avoided in any way ? Conditional
formatting ? But how do I do this ?

QUESTION 3
I would like to use conditional formatting for the results in the
calculated fields, as I do outside of pivot tables : if the result =
0,1%, then show the result in green ; if the result <100%, then show the
result in red.

QUESTION 4
When I try sorting the pivot table by “sorting & top 10” in the Pivot
Table menu and pick the Sort on one of the calculated fields the sort is
not executed properly : say I would like to have the sort to be with on
top the company with the biggest % rise in turnover. Is this possible ?

I hope I can get help through this forum. It will be highly appreciated
!

Kind regards, Ann

|Filename: Pivot Table_Problem.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=125|

Ann Van de Velde
Ann Van de Velde's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=291
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi and welcome to the board

*Question 2*

Right-click on a cell in the pivot table
Choose Table Options
Add a check mark to 'For error values, show'
Leave the text box empty
Click OK

I'll be back for the other questions if they were not solved

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reponse .
I did exactly what you told and saw that the 'For error values, show'
box was already left open and ticked, (didn't work with an empty box)
but when I added a value "n.a." this was shown and this is acceptable.
So thank you for your help !

In the meantime the Question 3 has also been resolved !

Please please an answer to Question 1 and 4... ?

Kind regards,
Ann

Pecoflyer;336619 Wrote:
Hi and welcome to the board

*Question 2*

Right-click on a cell in the pivot table
Choose Table Options
Add a check mark to 'For error values, show'
Leave the text box empty
Click OK

I'll be back for the other questions if they were not solved

--
Ann Van de Velde
Ann Van de Velde's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=291
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
PivotTable of PivotTable.
Sort by %.
Reformat blank columns.
Hide errors.
Conditional Formatting with Icons.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zkaigd...05_04_09a.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the help Herbert !
BUT, the problem seems to be that I work with Excel 2003 and my screen
looks completely different than what I see in your enclosed file wko.
Please have a look at my new enclosed file, as I don't get the needed
result emb1

Thank you !!!

|Filename: Pivot Table_Problem_bis.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=128|

Ann Van de Velde
Ann Van de Velde's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=291
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ann,
My file uses features only found in Excel 2007
and translating it to 2003 would violate
my aesthetic sensibilities.
Herb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ann,
as we seem to be stuck ( it's all probably possible in VBA but I'm no
good at that) maybe we could use an alternative to Pivot Tables.
Would this be acceptable ? ( no "dynamics" of course)
Do you have a list of the sales people?