Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ann Van de Velde Ann Van de Velde is offline

Default Pivot tables - Questions on formatting, sorting

I enclosed a file to illustrate my questions.

In the enclosed pivot table I managed to display not only the absolute
2007 and 2008 turnover figures but also the difference in % as well as
the difference in €.

This leads to my next problems :
QUESTION 1
For the extra added calculated fields (difference in % and difference
in €) I get 2 sets of each 2 columns : each set contains a blank column
(here for the year 2007). How can I avoid these blank columns ? Is there
any way other than change the width of the column to 'hide' each 2007
column ? I tried hiding the columns but then I loose the title
information (here % Diff 2007), so I left the empty column as a width of
1 and thus kept title information.

QUESTION 2
New customers for 2008 (so with turnover 2007 zero) result in an
"error" in the % difference column : “#DEEL/0” (in an English version
this is"#DIVIDEBY/0"). Can this be avoided in any way ? Conditional
formatting ? But how do I do this ?

QUESTION 3
I would like to use conditional formatting for the results in the
calculated fields, as I do outside of pivot tables : if the result =
0,1%, then show the result in green ; if the result <100%, then show the
result in red.

QUESTION 4
When I try sorting the pivot table by “sorting & top 10” in the Pivot
Table menu and pick the Sort on one of the calculated fields the sort is
not executed properly : say I would like to have the sort to be with on
top the company with the biggest % rise in turnover. Is this possible ?

I hope I can get help through this forum. It will be highly appreciated
!

Kind regards, Ann

|Filename: Pivot Table_Problem.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=125|