Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help on Automating a common function

We liaise with DHS. In our excel sheet we have 2 columns, A and B. A has
names. B has unique 10 digit alpha-numeric case numbers DHS generates, say
EAC0516151060. We can check case status at website:

"https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do?appReceiptNum=EAC0516151060"

This way we have 100 names and 100 unique numbers that we enter on Excel
sheet on daily basis.

Can excel sheet be configured in a way that once I enter the unique case
number in column B, the web address with the correct unique case number gets
automatically attached to the cell so that I have to just click to visit the
external website and see the end result?

Thanks

Raj