Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining two ranges based on common a common value

I have two ranges like this:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4

Customer Name Price 1 Price 2 Price 3
------------- ------- ------- -------
ABC Corporation 5.00 4.95
Apple Computers 5.50 5.25
Gifts Land 4.75 4.65
Sea Sure Products 5.00 4.75
Transparent Traders 5.25 5.00
Universal Enterprises 5.75 5.50

Column 8 Column 9

Customer Name Price 3
------------- -------
Apple Computers 5.50
Sea Sure Products 5.00
Transparent Traders 5.25

How do I copy values under Price 3 in column 9 to Price 3 under Column 4
based on the matching values under Customer Name in Column 8 & column
1?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this in col 4, D2 and copy down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,$H$2:$I$4,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2, $H$2:$I$4,2,0))

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"ahmed" wrote:

I have two ranges like this:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4

Customer Name Price 1 Price 2 Price 3
------------- ------- ------- -------
ABC Corporation 5.00 4.95
Apple Computers 5.50 5.25
Gifts Land 4.75 4.65
Sea Sure Products 5.00 4.75
Transparent Traders 5.25 5.00
Universal Enterprises 5.75 5.50

Column 8 Column 9

Customer Name Price 3
------------- -------
Apple Computers 5.50
Sea Sure Products 5.00
Transparent Traders 5.25

How do I copy values under Price 3 in column 9 to Price 3 under Column 4
based on the matching values under Customer Name in Column 8 & column
1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This worked fine. Thank you for your time.

---
ahmed

Francis wrote:
try this in col 4, D2 and copy down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,$H$2:$I$4,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2, $H$2:$I$4,2,0))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ahmed

Thank you for your feedback. Am glad that this work for you

Appreciate that you click on the Yes button below in order that
others could find the answer to similar case like yours in the future
--

Francis wrote:
try this in col 4, D2 and copy down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,$H$2:$I$4,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2, $H$2:$I$4,2,0))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Francis

I am sorry that I couldn't find the Yes button in your messages. By the
way, my news reader is Mozilla Thunderbird.

Thanks.

---
ahmed