Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PiL PiL is offline

Default Linking cell format across worksheets

I want to link cells across worksheets so that if I make a change to the cell
format (in this cae, background colour) in cell 1A of sheet 1, the same
change is automatically updated for the same cell in sheet 2. I have access
to both Excel 2003 and 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can link a format from a cell to a picture, but not to another cell. You
can alway transfer the format with a macro, however.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"PiL" wrote:

I want to link cells across worksheets so that if I make a change to the cell
format (in this cae, background colour) in cell 1A of sheet 1, the same
change is automatically updated for the same cell in sheet 2. I have access
to both Excel 2003 and 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your data is in cols A & B, try this small macro:

Sub Columnize()
n = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
k = 1
j = 1
For I = 1 To n
Set r = Range(Cells(I, 1), Cells(I, 2))
r.Copy Cells(k, j)
k = k + 1
If k = 201 Then
k = 1
j = j + 2
End If
Next
Range("A201:B" & n).Clear
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"PiL" wrote:

I want to link cells across worksheets so that if I make a change to the cell
format (in this cae, background colour) in cell 1A of sheet 1, the same
change is automatically updated for the same cell in sheet 2. I have access
to both Excel 2003 and 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please ignore post #2
--