Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NM NM is offline

Default Linking 2 worksheets-Empty cell problem

Hi,

I have linked sheet A to sheet B. Sheet A has some empty cells which are
read and populted as 01/00/00 in sheet B. How can I get read of them and have
just empty cells?

Thanks for your help.
NM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either turn off zeros display in ToolsOptionsView or

Re-work your linking formulas to =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

They won't be empty, just look empty.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:27:01 -0700, NM wrote:

Hi,

I have linked sheet A to sheet B. Sheet A has some empty cells which are
read and populted as 01/00/00 in sheet B. How can I get read of them and have
just empty cells?

Thanks for your help.
NM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Alternatively you could:
1. Choose Tools, Options, View tab, and uncheck Zero values (the downside
is that all zeros on that sheet will not display)
2. You can format the cell to not display zeros -
- highlight the range you want to format
- choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom, and enter a code on the Type
line like
#,##0.00;-#,##0.00;

The second semi-colon with nothing following it tells Excel you don't want
to display zero values. This approach is range specific, it does not apply
to the entire sheet.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:

Hi,

I have linked sheet A to sheet B. Sheet A has some empty cells which are
read and populted as 01/00/00 in sheet B. How can I get read of them and have
just empty cells?

Thanks for your help.
NM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NM NM is offline

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the feedback.

When i use the option 1., like you said it removes all the zeros from the
sheet.So, this is not what I want.

With option 2., it converts all my other dates in numbers. So, this doesn't
work too.
As I have empty cells scattered all around my huge sheet, i cannot
individually select the empty cells.

Is there any other way to do this. I will appreciate your help .Thanks!